© Viking Stage Lighting 2018
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE & SALE
In the below "the Company" means Viking Stage Lighting, "the Hirer" means the person hiring equipment or services from the Company.
1) All hire charges are based on a hire period of one week. Shorter periods, ie; daily rates are available on request. Items returned late will be subject to an additional charge. Goods on hire must be returned by noon on the day of return unless special arrangements are made at the time of hire. Removal of equipment from our premises confirms acceptance of our terms and conditions of Hire & Sale.
2) Proof of identity will be required when collecting equipment, ie; passport, driving licence, utility bill etc. If goods are delivered to an address other than the venue they are to be used in then previous agreement must be obtained from the Company.
3) Where account facilities exist our terms for payment are strictly 30 days net from the date of invoice, otherwise payment for the hire must be made before commencement of the hire. All sale goods remain the property of the Company until full payment is received. We reserve the right to demand a cash security deposit of £50 which is refunded on the return of hired items subject to damage not being sustained. Hires for non-account customers will need to be paid for in full on collection via Credit/Debit card. By acceptance of the hire the Hirer is confirming their instruction to the Company to retain their credit card details and charge back to their card any damage incurred or the full replacement value of any lost items from the hire without further authorisation.
4) Equipment hired will be entirely the responsibility of the Hirer, who is responsible for any loss or damage to the equipment. This liability begins on collection / delivery of the equipment & ends upon it's safe return to the Company. Hirers must therefore ensure sufficient all risks insurance protection exists against theft, fire etc. Items not returned will be charged for at full replacement costs.
5) Plugs and sockets must NOT be removed from any equipment. We supply a variety of adaptors to suit all requirements. Any item returned where the plug / socket has been removed or is missing will be subject to an additional charge. Equipment must NOT be modified or disassembled in any way whatsoever without the express permission of the Company.
6) The Hirer will be responsible for ensuring all relevant regulations, rules and statutory provisions relating to the use of the hired equipment are complied with during the hire period and shall keep the Company indemnified against all liability for any non-compliance with any such regulation or provision.
7) Hired items are, and remain the property of the Company at all times. Goods for Sale are sold on a sale only basis and are not on sale or return. Any item returned for credit will be subject to a minimum handling / restocking charge of £5.00 or 10% which ever is the greater.
8) All prices exclude VAT and are subject to alteration without notice. Prices quoted are ex works and exclude delivery charges to the customers address which will be charged at cost. All hire delivery and collection costs quoted are an approximation and are subject to final transportation charges which may vary due to size of vehicle required for transportation and as such all, including diesel and time will be charged back to the customer on completion of the hire at cost regardless of the estimated cost at the time of booking.
9) Spare fuses and lamps are supplied with each order. Faulty or blown lamps & fuses must be returned for inspection or the Hirer will be responsible for their replacement.
10) Any damage to hired equipment must be reported to the Company within 24 hours of the damage being sustained. Equipment thus damaged or not returned at the end of the hire period is considered on hire until payment has been received for the repair / replacement of the item. Additional hire costs will continue at our standard hire rates until full payment is received. Any costs incurred by the Company in fulfilling a hire following the loss / damage of items or where equipment is returned in a condition not conclusive to re-hire will be passed on to the original hirer. Items not returned at the end of the hire period will automatically be charged to the customer after 7 days from date of return.
11) Any mistakes in supply, faulty equipment, or items not required, must be reported within 24 hours of delivery otherwise the full invoice charge for the Hire or Supply of the item will be levied.
12) The Company accepts no responsibility for equipment that does not work in conjunction with that of the Hirer. Equipment is for indoor use ONLY. Permission for outside and non-stage or continuous use must be obtained from the Company before the hire commences.
13) Stated lead length is an approximation. Where you require an exact stock length we would advise the next size up to ensure sufficient length. Cables are supplied coiled and taped. Any cable not returned thus is liable to a surcharge of £1.00 per lead.
13a) Orders for non-stock or out of stock gobos will incur a manufacturers carriage charge of £6 per order if they cannot be combined on the next Viking order or if required by a deadline prior to the Company placing a standard stock order.
14) Whilst every effort will always be made to fulfil hires on the due date the Company can not be held liable for non delivery or collection due to Force Majeure or circumstances beyond their control. The Company will make it’s best endeavours to replace or repair any equipment found faulty whilst on hire. If this is not possible, the remedy available shall be limited to the refund of the equipment’s hire fee.
15)Pyrotechnics; The use of pyrotechnics, indoors or outdoors, is at the sole discretion of the customer and their operator who will have taken full note of the prevailing situation. They are warned that these devices can sometimes vary in their performance and no guarantee is given that every device will perform exactly the same. This must therefore be borne in mind when siting and firing such devices.
16) Cancellation of Hire Booking; The cancellation of a hire booking less than 7 days before the due delivery or collection date will result in the full charge being applied for the hire less any delivery / collection charge applicable. However should transport have been booked by ourselves for large hires; ie Lorry or Van hire, this charge will also become due despite the hire not taking place as the company will have to honour it’s contracts with it’s transportation suppliers.
17) Cancellation of Sales Orders; Where a sales order is cancelled, should the required goods have been specially ordered from one of the Company’s suppliers, then full payment will be due unless the company can return such items to the suppliers. In such case a restocking charge for handling and carriage will be applied and charged to the customer together with any charges from the supplier to the company.
18) Booking Deposits; Any booking deposits made for either a hire of equipment or supply of services for a production are taken to secure equipment, staff and facilities for such booking and as such are non-returnable if the event should be cancelled. These deposits will be kept to cover the work and any goods purchased or obtained or reserved for such production. If the event is cancelled more than 7 days prior to taking place the Company will, at it’s discretion, refund part of the deposit less any expenses occurred.
19) Pat Testing Statement. The Company certifies that all it’s hire electrical equipment is Pat Tested on a yearly basis. Unique Viking labels attached to each product give it’s unique reference number relating to our computer Pat Testing records. Furthermore each item is checked and tested for wear and tear upon the return of each hire and is certified at that time to be in good working order. In addition each item is once again visually examined prior to despatch.